About the Opportunity:
The Research Program Coordinator, DoD Programs (RPC) is responsible for project deliverables management and tracking across an active and growing program of Department of Defense (DoD) and other Defense and Security funded research contracts. This position reports to the EDDP.
The RPC will perform diversified independent, administrative, and operational duties as a member of the Defense Operations Research Program Management Office to assure the comprehensive smooth and efficient execution of funded research contracts. The RPC will take initiative to work autonomously on behalf of the EDDP and Research Mangers to complete responsibilities within the scope of the position. S/he will work in close collaboration with Research Mangers in the management, planning, and coordination of the ongoing fiscal, administrative, and program deliverable activities across a geographically dispersed portfolio of programs and projects. The RPC will establish, monitor, and maintain systems for efficient handling of program functions, communication, data management, and special projects.
This is a fast-paced position with a variety of programs to monitor and will require interaction with internal Northeastern and Kostas Research Institute researchers, the Northeastern University Research Enterprise Systems (NU-RES) staff, external university and industry subcontractors, and funding agency program managers and contracts officers. The successful candidate will have experience and familiarity with DoD acquisitions, contracting, financial management, and project support to research projects. He/she will have excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills and a strong customer service focus.
Research Program & Portfolio Management:
- Work with PMs to develop & maintain systems for tracking, execution, and timeliness of program deliverables
- Serve as a central point of contact between internal and external departments and organizations for ongoing programmatic, operational, and administrative matters
- Coordinate activities of program staff, consultants, and faculty engaged in implementation and administration of program objectives.
- Write, edit, and coordinate development reports and other program correspondence, analyzing data as needed and prepare special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries.
- May assist with proposal writing as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the program
- May perform specialized activities of a programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives and protocol
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned
Meetings, Workshop, and Seminars:
- Works with EDDP & PMS for planning, scheduling, successful execution of meetings, workshops, and technical seminars
- Coordinate and arrange for all logistics and site support needs
- Maintain attendee lists, confirming in-person or remote engagement, and collect all presentation materials in an appropriate way for the distribution constraints
- Travel as needed to support meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Eligible for National Security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (or applicable practical work experience)
- 3-5+ years of successful work in supporting program/project management, with1-3 years in a DoD and/or IC research environment, supporting programs / projects in technical RDTE organizations with budgets valued over $20M
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Sound judgement for prioritization of multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills with a customer (internal and external) service focus;
- Highly organized and detail oriented; and ability to problem solve effectively
- Strong computer and IT knowledge and skills, especially in MS Office suite products, and ability to learn new programs/systems with ease
- Relevant project management work experience
- Ability to travel as required.