Accelerating Innovation Through Partnerships
Northeastern’s Innovation Campus accelerates technology and innovation through a powerful model of research driven by partnerships. Here, faculty and students work closely with experts from industry, government, and academia, translating discoveries into revolutionary new technologies, materials, and systems.
Our 14-acre campus is a hub of research breakthroughs and entrepreneurship. Companies, government agencies, universities, and startups convene on site, attracted by a unique and highly customizable set of benefits:
- Co-location with, and access to, the university’s world-class faculty, and to talented doctoral students whose experience transcends the classroom
- Expertise that spans disciplines, from national security and cybersecurity to novel materials, nanomanufacturing, drug analysis, structural testing, and data analytics
- One-of-a-kind facilities, state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment, a venture incubator, and secure convening spaces
- Joint goal-setting and management of projects funded by the university’s research programs, partner organizations, or both
- Flexible IP policies
- Rigorous, ITAR-compliant privacy protocols and practices in a secure environment to safeguard IP
- Customized training and advanced educational programs, co-designed to give companies and organizations a competitive edge
Success can be seen in our collaborations with scores of prestigious organizations, including:
- Industry leaders, including Raytheon, the Rogers Corporation, and AeroVironment
- Federal agencies, including the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Federal Emergency Management Agency, and Transportation Security Administration
- All branches of the U.S. armed forces and the National Guard Bureau; the Army Research Laboratory-Northeast and Air Force counter-UAS program are headquartered here.
Our collaborators enjoy a radical openness to new ways of thinking and working—in virtually any field. We welcome new partners with the potential to advance society and the global economy.