About the Opportunity:
The KRI LLC DoD Systems Administrator (DSA) will set up and maintain SIPR. Key responsibilities will be maintaining SIPRNet capabilities, SIPR Room security, safe inventories, and control of cryptographic controlled items (CCI) and secure phone capability. He/she will serve as the alternate classified document custodian and courier. The DSA will ensure SIPR operations comply with current DoD and Services Information Assurance (IA) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies and instructions that impact SIPR assets and operations.
The DSA will perform Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) voice and data security oversight and Information Assurance. He/she will maintain classified network operations using Cisco switches, router, and firewalls and must plan, evaluate, coordinate, and perform installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements including minor IM/IT equipment repair and upgrades. Additional responsibilities include assisting with tracking, inventory and marking of SIPR assets and the management and support of IT programs that support audio-visual information, printing, database management, application software, links to the global information grid (GIG), and networks interfaces. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and previous experience with the following:
- Implementing the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) based on configuring and hardening system assets including hardware, software, and browser suites
- Installing and configuring an Intrusion Detection System (IDA); installing, configuring, and monitoring for analysis a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system; installing and monitoring the Host Based Security System (HBSS), which is used Enterprise Wide within the Department of Defense (DOD) to monitor, detect, and defend the DOD computer networks and systems
- Working with the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) management engine that is part of the Computer Network Defense Security Provider (CDNSP) server with the CNDSP Provider (Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD).
- Working with the DISA eMass system employed by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) to accredit classified contractor based IT systems
- DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM)
- DISA CCRI (Command Cyber Readiness Inspection) guidance / criteria for SIPRNet
This position is located on Northeastern University’s Innovation Campus at Burlington, MA with travel to the main university campus in downtown Boston and travel elsewhere as satellite locations are brought onboard. The position is with KRI, LLC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northeastern University, and will report to the KRI LLC FSO. Close partnership with, and support of the KRI Program Management Office for DoD contracts is required, along with close partnership with the university Office of Information Systems and University Compliance Office.
- Work with consultants to setup and maintain SIPR.
- Maintains SIPRNet capabilities, SIPR Room security, safe inventories, and control of cryptographic controlled items (CCI) secure phone capability.
- Serves as alternate classified document custodian and courier.
- Performs Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) voice and data security oversight and Information Assurance (IA).
- Ensures SIPR operations comply with current DoD and Services Information Assurance (IA) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies and instructions that impact SIPR assets and operations.
- Maintains classified network operations using Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Plans, evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements.
- Provides minor IM/IT equipment repair and upgrades.
- Assists with tracking, inventory and marking of SIPR assets. Manages and supports IT programs that support audio-visual information, printing, database management, application software, links to the global information grid (GIG), networks interfaces.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Information Systems and Security or Computer Science or equivalent required with a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a related field
- Must be a US Citizen holding active DoD Secret level security clearance with the ability and qualifications to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- DoD 8570 IAM Level III
- Classified network/WAN experience
- Experience working on SIPR networks
- Experience implementing DISA standards and patching network devices and the DISA CCRI criteria for SIPRNet
- Experience with encryptors and COMSEC devices preferred.
- Must possess six years of full-time professional IM/IT systems administrator/security experience in the areas of Access Control, Telecommunications and Network Security, Information Security Governance and Risk Management, Physical (Environmental) Security.
- Requires a logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision making with an emphasis on superior customer service and security.
- Required experience hardening computer systems to meet DoD requirements for Windows and Linux systems.
- Must have ability to convey complex technical concepts in understandable business terms and demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive cross-functional team.
- Cisco switch, router, firewall experience / certification
- Layer 1 cabling experience